Diagnostic Center, Northern Califoria
Diagnostic Center, Northern California (DCN) is a sector of the California Department of Education's State Special Schools and Services Division. We provide student assessments, virtual & in-person trainings, and on-site technical assistance projects at no cost to the school or district.
If you would like to hear more about our services and discuss how DCN can be of assistance to your SELPA, district or school, please request an in-person or virtual informational session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond within 48 business hours to schedule a date and time.
Our Services Include...
- Comprehensive, state-of-the-art assessment and educational planning services to assist local school districts in determining the needs of their most complex students;
- On-site technical assistance and consultation in program and instructional design based on the unique needs of each student;
- Professional development opportunities for teachers, administrators and special education staff, including presentations at national, statewide, and local conferences and workshops, provided by specialists with "hands-on" experience;
- Family education opportunities, including consultation, referral, and resource information.
There is no cost for assessment services; however, requests for services must be generated by the local school district.
- Overview of DCN Services
- Assessment Referral Process
- Professional Development Training Catalog
- Request a Training
- Training Calendar
- Dyslexia Training Series (PDF)
- Employment Opportunities
- Positive Environments, Network of Trainers (PENT)
- COVID-19 Notice
- California Department of Education